March 4, 2007Thanks again Carey for sharing. Here's a preliminary result!
I haven't yet gotten around to the small rock chips in the front fascia. But, today I was improving the fit of the Xenon side skirts, where I wasn't totally happy with the body shop job - especially the amount of mounting tape showing at the rear wheel well.
-As part of that touch up, I wanted to hide a small visible top edge of the grey mounting tape most all the way along one side, and part of the other. After washing and drying a day earlier; I used the bottled touch up paint, and the applicator brush on the lid. I wanted to use something smaller, and I attempted to use some small disposable micro brushes that I had from work. Problem is, the paint was drying so quickly (sunny & warm, but pretty low humidity today) that the small brushes were useless.
-So, I went back to the applicator brush on the lid of the paint jar, so that I could constantly recap & shake the paint, and freshen up the brush. The brush was just big enough to make a little mess with overspray(actually wipe over the edges of the body on each side). I decided to just "go for it" and wipe the paint on both sides.
-Then, I moistened a fine, soft cotton cloth with the blob remover. And, using the plastic Langka card with the blob-remover-wet cloth folded over it, I rubbed back & forth were I had accidentally wiped the paint over the edges of the mounting tape onto the door and side skirt.
**The Langka Blob Remover did a nice job of cleaning up the excess paint, without taking the paint off of the edge of the mounting tape. I had actually done some other touch ups, and none of my paint thinners or turpentine would do such a clean & smooth job as the Langka did.
SO FAR, SO GOOD!